So it begins! Every week on Mondays we will be posting a new recipe for our Tri Q Family to try out! Something that is healthy and nutritious to fuel your body. This being our very first “Meal Monday” post, thought it would be fitting to start with the first meal of the day, plus who doesn’t love BACON! Feel free to comment below and if you try it out let us know here or on our Facebook Page what you think.
Avocado Bacon Omelets
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 eggs
- Cook bacon until crisp
- While bacon is cooking, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash it up, but not too fine—a little texture is nice
- Add onion and cilantro to avocado
- When the bacon is done, drain it, crumble or snip it and stir it in
- Make your omelets one at a time, using half the avocado mix in each
- Top with hot sauce, if desired
Grant, Michelle. “Paleo-Friendly Recipes for Crossfit Athletes” Stack. Yahoo Sports!, 27 Aug. 2013. Web. 11 May 2014.